Friday 11 November 2011

Using voki with Spanish students

This is my first post: On thursday I showed my spanish 11 students how to use a website www.voki.com so that they can start sending me vokis/avatars using their voices, it's quite a neat site!! They can use their phones, if their computers don't have microphones, not sure yet if there is a long distance charge, but once my bill comes I will know. My students were very excited and really enjoyed the lesson, they even asked if we can use the website again.
The microphones I had at school didn't work so instead I had my students using the text, which they really enjoyed but I'm sure they would really like to record their voices. I'm hoping that they can e-mail me as well as each other using voki in the target language.

Here are  some samples.

Using the phone:



Using Text:







Advantages:
Can help students practice their pronunciation/spanish
students can send vokis to each other
I can reply to my students using vokis and they can reply back
easier and quick way to assess oral aspect of the language
can use the phone to record the voice (unsure about charges)

Disadvantages:
voki was a bit slow when I had my students login
not all students may have computers/laptops with microphones
microphones at school don't seem to work with website

No comments:

Post a Comment