Saturday 11 May 2013

IPAD and EDMODO


IPAD AND EDMODO

I didn't expect that I would love using the iPads as much as I do and so do my students.  Using the iPads has allowed me to be able to have my students practice various aspects of the language, which I often found a challenge when using a laptop.

I have used the ipads for a number of activities: The first activity has been using EDMODO

Edmodo: I start by showing students a picture, a commercial or a video and they have to write about: lo que ven, lo que escuchan y lo que piensan [what they see, what they hear and what they think]

students brainstorm their words to a picture[video] and I give them feedback as well as participation marks for this. I had students start by writing five words about the picture. It was amazing how the following day I had a student ask if he could write more than five words, which I thought was fabulous!!! They were engaged and eager to learn...they even started to ask more vocabulary words such as how to say stripe...etc...I had a student ask what stripe was in Spanish and the student has used the word stripe a number of times both written and verbally.
I had other students write sentences instead of words and some even started to add questions....this is showing me students who are taking it to the next level, students are taking control of their learning. I never imagined this would happen and they did this on their own.

I also occasionally would post a survey or a question or sometimes a comic strip and would ask students their opinion.
Normally I would have students do something on Edmodo when they had a project on the iPads, so that would be our starting activity.

I love all the incredible work my students have done! Here are a few examples:







No comments:

Post a Comment