Monday 20 May 2013

IPAD idea using Explain Everything App


Monstruos en mi clase!:O)

In Spanish 10 we usually have a unit on health and body and normally when I introduce the unit we play a number of games...but since I had iPads I thought I would try something different. 
I had my students get into groups of 2 - 3 and I gave each group an iPad.  I had them use the app: Explain Everything [which is great!]

So students were to draw while I described a monster to them. They could help each other out with vocabulary and things. For example I would say: "Tiene cinco ojos morados. Tiene nueve brazos rojos" etc... after describing a monster, I had a few groups describe their monster to the class and the rest of the class needed to draw the monster their classmates described.  You could also do this in which small groups get together and they describe their monster to smaller groups instead of the entire class. 

Criteria: they needed to include colors and numbers between 1 - 10. 

Helpful tip: Don't make groups bigger than 3 otherwise there will be students who aren't participating. 

At the end  I had them decide on what monster they liked the most and why, they needed to write a few sentences, you could have them record instead of write.

My students really enjoyed doing this and they were practicing comprehension, oral and writing.

Time frame: One class

Here are some examples:

No comments:

Post a Comment